Thursday 2 August 2012

2 August - Exploring Minehead and Dunster

2 August - Minehead and Dunster

Today we went to Periwinkle Cottage at Selworthy for morning tea. It was a beautiful spot nearby to Minehead. It had old cottages with thatched rooves. There were great views from there. We had scones with jam and cream, cake and tea and hot chocolates.





Then we went to Porlock a little seaside village just west of Minehead. We walked around the waterfront and little harbour area and saw some little touristy specialty shops selling all sorts of stuff. We also saw the Porlock Weir.






Then we went to Minehead and bought fish and chips. That was yum and we scoffed that down pretty quick. Minehead was busy with families on holidays.

Then we went to Dunster Castle, an old medieval castle which is in beautiful green grounds. We walked through all the rooms and around the outside. There is supposed to be a ghost in one of the rooms but we didn't feel or see anything. Elodie played the piano there and it echoed through the castle a little bit.







We then took Flossy for a walk through Dunster village, an old medieval village and went to a park and creek where Flossy went for a swim chasing a tennis ball. We had great fun playing with her.







Then we came home and did some blog prep and played games and played with the animals, then had lovely homemade pizza and vegies and salad for dinner.

We had a great day. Holly's favourite part was playing with Flossy in the creek, Erin's was exploring Dunster Castle and Elodie's was playing the piano in the castle.

Tomorrow we leave for London and Aunty Susie's house. We are very sad to be leaving Aunty Veronica and the animals but we are looking forward to our next experiences.

Seeya

The Creber Girls xxx

2 comments:

  1. well, my darlings, I am so glad you loved this area as much as I did - and Flossy of course! Dunster Castle is so beautiful - and I wish I head heard Elodie play the piano in there - I have played a game of pool there, and that was fun! The village of Dunster is lovely, and it made me wish I was there with you...but again, your blog almost has me there with you all! By the time you get back, I shall have got my photos of the places you have been visiting printed up, so we can share experiences ! Travel safe. Love you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Selworthy and I'm glad you did too. Dunster castle is wonderful as well isn't it. Good for Elodie for playing the piano. I wasn't brave enough. My favourite part of all (next to meeting your Granny,) was meeting Flossie! I'm glad you had such a good time in Somerset. What a wonderful trip you're having. Lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete