Thursday 12 July 2012

Erin's Day at the Louvre - 6 July

Hi it's me Erin,

Yesterday we went to the Louvre which used to be a royal palace for Kings, Queens, Princesses, Princes, Emperors and lots of other royal people. Now it's a museum with lots of sculptures and paintings.







Firstly we lined up to get some tickets for the Louvre you have to go under a huge glass pyramid to get inside. It's not very dark because you don't go very far down. You can rent a 3DS audio guide for 3 euro, which we did.



When we were there we saw The Mona Lisa by Leonado Da Vinci - it was very busy around the painting but I thought the painting was nice. People say that The Mona Lisa is famous just because of her smile.


















We saw the Raft of Medusa which is by a French painter called Théodore Géricault. Mum was really really wanting to see it, I thought it was a bit dark and I bit scary. I really wanted to see the sculpture of Mary Magdalene by Gregor Erhart. She was very pretty, the only clothes she had was her long golden wavy hair. Her hair was carved out of wood.

















We saw Michaelangelo's statue 'Captive' which is also called The Dying Slave, I thought it was very good and old. We saw heaps of other cool stuff but one of my favourites was definitely The Napolean Apartments - they were fabulous all decorated with chandeliers, posh red chairs (Mum says it's all Louis XIV originals) and there was a really long dining table that sat 40 people. All the red chairs together would have sat around 200 people. It was very fun looking around the apartment.



I had a wonderful time at the Louvre and can see why everyone who goes to Paris visits the Louvre. I hope I can go again someday.

Au Revior, Erin. Xx

P.S This is The Venus de Milo......




























No comments:

Post a Comment