Thursday 28 June 2012

Erin's first day in Rome

Ciao, me again Erin

Today we went to Rome. First we went to the Colosseum, on the way down there, we saw a fake Gladiator and we had our photos taken with him. His name was Thomas. It was funny.

Next we had a look around the outside of the Colosseum and tried to imagine what it was like ion the inside. I told Mum that it was probably going to look old and wrecked like the outside. I'll find out tomorrow because the queue was really long this morning to get tickets so we decided to catch the open top bus. We could hop on and hop off wherever we liked.


We passed lots of old forums, St Peter's Bascillica and the Spanish steps, we got off at the Trevi Fountain stop, this was my favourite stop. We had to walk a little, when we got to the Trevi I was so happy and excited. It was much bigger than I thought it would be.

The legend says that if you throw a coin with your right hand over you left shoulder you will visit Rome again. So I threw four coins in just to make sure I come back because I loved it so much.
I got some water in my hands, wet my hat, and the back of my neck because it was so hot. I think Rome is very hot, lucky they have so many gelato shops! Which reminds me, we had a great gelati at the Trevi fountain.
After that we hopped on our tour bus and went around Rome, back to the Colosseum, which is just near where we are staying. We walked home and had dinner at our apartment. I had fun throwing coins into the Trevi fountain and enjoyed looking around the colosseum.
Ciao ciao, from Erin

 

2 comments:

  1. Bonjourno Bella Erin !! I have thrown coins in the Trevino fountain, and maybe one day, you and I will go there!!!! Yes, Rome is very very hot, but lovely. I think you are seeing some amazing things. Enjoy, my beautiful girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin it is Han Lods friend,
    hope you enjoy rome and get in to the staduim.
    Regarts Elbs

    ReplyDelete