Wednesday 20 June 2012

Holly's Day at San Gimignano - Sunday 17th June

San Gimignano

A brief story ………
San Gimignano stands 334 metres above sea level on the site of a small Etruscan settlement dating from the Hellenistic period.

 


We went there and there was a festival. It was a medieval one. We were going to watch it from the town square but lots of people started going so we ended up watching the street parade while they were walking to and from the square. It was amazing, all these people from the village dressed up in old medieval costumes.




















We all got a gelato and my dad got a massive waffle cone that you had to have 5 flavours in. I had chocolate and menta(mint), Erin had choc chip and menta.







When we got back home we had lunch and then we had a swim in the pool. I miss you all heaps.
From Holly. Xxx



 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly its Paige,
    I just got your post card it was great to hear from you. I was trying to Skype you a moment ago but you didn't answer i hope to Skype you soon when ever you're online. My Birthday is coming up soon and i am having a chocolate fondue party I wish i could invite you but ou are at italy i think but i bet its better wheather where ever you are. Its freezing here in Sydney about 14 degrees each day.
    QUESTION: Are you liking the food where ever you are better than here in Australia? Hope you can answer this in your next post.
    Miss you heaps love PaigeXxx
    P.S Have a gelato for me.

    ReplyDelete